Thursday, October 27, 2011

been a while

Wow! Didn't realize it's been so long since I have blogged. April was the last time, so that makes it 6 months ago!? wowzers! Well, a lot has happened in that time. DH worked at camp this summer, my family came to visit from Newfoundland. I went back with them to bring my sister home, and I ended up staying a month and a half-I was only supposed to stay 2 weeks...but, money was tight, and really, I was enjoying myself. My mom and I did a bunch of stuff together. We did the usual going places, but we also made preserves. We bottled beets, made carrot relish, and made strawberry apple jam. It was all so very yummy! And that brings me up to now. My daughter has just turned 19mths, she's starting to use the potty, now going to bed partially awake. She has progressed so much in just a few months....she's incredible.

I haven't done any scrapbooking in the last 4-5mths...I just haven't felt like it. I have an issue, and that is ... I compare my work to others work. I get in this rut where "Im not good enough". Well, I went to a LSS the other day, and a girl I know was there...she stopped and talked to me, and asked how scrapbooking was going. And so, I told her the ugly truth of what I just told you. And she smartened me up then and there. She told me that it doesn't matter what others think of your work, or your pages...you create them for your family, and your family alone. It's going to be your daughter who's going to look at them, and so on....stop comparing, and take a break. So, maybe I should take a break from the scrappy world...and stop looking at sites, and blogs...and just do my own thing ...how I like it, and not care what anyone else thinks.

I did pick up a new hobby while at home. Knitting. My mom taught me one night, and then I started knitting a dish cloth the next night...I'm just about done that one. I really enjoy it, and it gives me something to do when I have some free time other than reading or whatever.

No comments: